Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dogs Don’t Hibernate but the Dogman Does


It's true. Look it up on Wikipedia. Dogs just keep going year round. Regardless of the biological realities, however, the Den of the Dogman is going into hibernation mode from now until the beginning of 2010.

I can feel your panic building. "What does this mean for me?" you want to know. Fair enough.

Until the beginning of January, I will not be posting new material daily to this site. I may post some new stuff, I may not. If you're a Facebook friend, I'll annoyingly announce when there's something new. But really, now is the ideal time for you to go to the bottom left of the page and become a "follower." As a follower, you will always be informed of new events in the Den. Of course, subscribing by e-mail always remains an attractive option.

I will continue with the weekly dog news, and am introducing a new feature I call, "Dogman Remix." In short, I am going to rework some of my favorite stories already posted to this site. Some changes I make will be very minor, like adding a comma here and there. Other changes will be more significant.

If you haven't read a particular story in the "Dogman Remix" series, now is the perfect time. The story will be better than ever!

If you liked a story the first time you read it, you may want to read it again. It should be at least a little better.


If you're psychotic, you will be able to spend time comparing the two stories, the original and the "re-mix," and noting the changes that have been made. I'm trying to offer something for everyone here!

Other days during hibernation, I will not post anything at all. Do not be distressed by this! Things are different during the holidays, and soon everything will be back to normal.

In the meantime, relax. Have fun. If you have to read something here, just dig around the archives. Can't go wrong there.

Happy holidays to all my readers and friends, and especially to all their dogs and cats. If nothing else, I hope my writing has made pet owners just a little more mindful of how blessed they are by their animal families.


Rich


© 2009, All Rights Reserved, Rich Sands

ScottsdaleDogMan.com

ScottsdaleDogMan.blogspot.com







4 comments:

j said...

Enjoy your hibernation and have a relaxing holiday!

who wouda thunk it?? said...

wil Levi write????? (even though we are a tiny bit peeved that he blew us off yesterday)

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and your pack!

~Charlie and Poseidon

Victor Tabbycat said...

Hyber-nation is my favoritest place to spend winter! It means snugglin unner blankets wif mine mom. ::purr purr::
Merry Chrissymouse an fanks fur all da drops, too!
~ Victor

Post a Comment