Saturday, November 07, 2009

Saturday's News of the Dog

Welcome to Saturday's assembly of dog news. No reports on dogs starving, or abused, or fighting…just decent dog news for ordinary, decent, dogs like yours. 

I'll keep up on what's going on in the world of dogs, so you don't have to.





Part of a series about Scout, the puppy, who today swims indoor in Manhattan! City dogs have the life!



















How a dog's mind works. This is a GREAT article from the NY Times about the latest theories of the mind of dogs, and how they can learn to do such incredible things. The article talks about how dogs are intellectually about on par with a 2 ½ year old human, and emotionally on a whole different level than people. Incredibly interesting!





Church services for LA area dogs. I suppose they couldn't get less out of it than some people!










It's official. Both dogs and cats can get swine flu, so I guess it's time for them to panic, too.


















A mutt in Pittsburgh is nursing nine African Painted dogs. Very cool!










A marine finds a stray mutt in Iraq…and gets the dog home with him! A story of how man and dog should care for each other.




















And, finally, here's Bob, the fattest dog in all of Scotland. I have no further comment.


© 2009, All Rights Reserved, Rich Sands

ScottsdaleDogMan.com

ScottsdaleDogMan.blogspot.com

Please share this blog with others.

4 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Thanks for sharing all these great information. Lots of Golden Woofs, for being a follower of my blog. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Jaya said...

Bob's story makes me a wee bit nervous... I'm worried now that someone might re-home me, take away my fish suppers, make me exercise, and so on...

BeadedTail said...

Lots of news today! I think a cat here in Oregon has the swine flu. Crazy! And I heard about the dog and soldier in Iraq - what a heart warming story!

Daisy said...

I am glad that Bob's new family was able to help him slim down!

Post a Comment